About the TTU EIME Project
The Early Intervention and Mechanical Engineering (EIME) Project at TTU provides innovative engineered products to children with special needs and their schools and families while offering valuable 'real world' design experience to engineering students.
"The mission of the Early Intervention and Mechanical Engineering (EIME) project is to significantly enhance the services provided to children with special needs in the Upper Cumberland and Middle Tennessee Region. These enhanced services are provided through a mutually beneficial collaboration between the TN Department of Special Education, Early Intervention and Engineering at Tennessee Tech. The project leverages the significant creative and design potential in our engineering students and the benefits of collaboration with the State Department of Special Education, the College of Education and the Tennessee Early Intervention System (TEIS). "
How EIME works
- State of TN Depart. of Education: Division of Special Education
- TTU College of Engineering
- TTU College of Education
- •Tennessee Early Intervention System (TEIS)
- [http://health.state.tn.us/MCH/css.htm Children Special Services (CSS
- Cookeville Bicycles
- NAPA Auto Parts - Cookeville
- Cookeville Junior Women's Club